PSD to WordPress Theme Photoshop PluginPlugins 0 Comments
Divine is a free Photoshop plugin that converts your PSDs into ready-made, tableless WordPress themes.
Huh? Another “site generator”?
Although I wouldn’t encourage someone to use “generators” for their webdesigns, this plugin has caught my attention because it creates pretty good translations of Photoshop designs into WordPress themes – thus useful for anyone who wants to code their own themes, but lacks the funds for a premium design.
I repeat: if you want to learn how to code and manually create WordPress themes / CSS websites, you shouldn’t use generators. There are tons of websites that teach you everything from the basics to the ultimate advanced ninja techniques, in case you want to perhaps make a living out of this. However, for those that just don’t have the money for a custom theme or a premium theme, you can go ahead and give it a try. Then go learn some HTML/CSS/PHP
Here are some key features of Divine
Convert PSD to HTML
- HTML page identical to your PSD design.
- Clean, standard, compliant HTML-CSS layout.
- No HTML, CSS or programming knowledge required.
- Easy publishing from Photoshop® to your WordPress™ website.
- Built-in FTP-client.
- Widget-ready WordPress theme at output.
- Unlimited number of WordPress themes to generate.
Photoshop features support
- Supports all Photoshop® filters.
- Supports all Photoshop® layer blending options, layer effects, masks etc.
- Supports smart objects and layer groups.
- Resulting HTML/PHP code is div-based.
- Cross-browser HTML / CSS code.
- Encoding support.
Are you using plugins/software similar to Divine to automate your design/coding routine? Please share in the comments.